Holidays homework in Normandy #5 - Denis Beaux arts, a real colours seller !


Deauville-Villa Strasburger

At Deauville it's the end of the American film festival. Good time to sketch the Villa Strassburger, a party place where Carla Bruni had a walk with Michelle Obama, well you know...
An American horse breeder built it in front of the racing stables. Actually I can hear horses in my back, smelling straw and musk... 

Now a bit of jazz to go on...

For me it's a great sketching moment as I try for the first time my brush from "Denis Beaux Arts", found thanks to good piece of advice of Juliette Plisson and Vincent Desplanche, while looking for an Escoda one, and here we are !


Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !















So hard to find the shop Denis Beaux Arts that you really have to want it...

On his website, he says : " Our shop is a sort of forum where ideas fly" and that's well said. It's a colours seller, a real one who creates whatever you need... Marc Foly finds his own colours here.

I'm not surprised at all if instead of an Escoda, I prefer one of his inventions : a special brush, half synthetic and half natural hair. It gives such a precision to your drawings ! 

Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop

Another discovery is the Daniel Smith watercolour stick ! (1 stick = 3 or 4 pots...)

Seems there's also a six sticks set. It's the same to make my own set, so I chose the triad of Shari Blaukopf : aureolin, alizarin crimson et ultramarin.

Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop

Denis Beaux Arts is the only provider of Daniel Smith in France.
These are watercolours from the USA, really strong colours. Paul Wang uses this mark.
There are trying sets like Alvaro Castagnet's palette, or Joseph Zbukvic's... Concept seen in this video.

Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop

More toys : graphite sticks and black ink sticks !
Now I have to try all this : very soon I hope, perfect for winter...

Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop

I made an Indian track to find the shop back from the centre of the nearest town Caen :
la prairie horse racecourse > Venoix stadium > Renault cars or trucks seller = turn on the left
ZA La grande Plaine > then follow the signs Denis Beaux Arts !
(please do write this down, caus' I'm from Normandy and I got lost, so you can imagine...)
Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop Denis Beaux Arts - fantastic art shop

First try of my new brushes...
Sunrise on the river Touques (it's me, or autumn is just around the corner ?)
Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !
Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !

A bit later at the same river. We could hear the seagulls screaming, not for the fishermen anymore, for the supermarket garbbagemen ! There's still hope as I also saw a fox catching a rabbit in the opposite field, like in the oldies... 

Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !

A last sunset on the Seine bay, in front of Le Havre industrial harbour. A demonetized Monet actually ! (well, it's a copyright of François Morellet, looks like this installation...)

Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying !Normandy Holidays Homework #5 - Denis Beaux Art, enjoying ! Sunset at le Havre

Wow, I can't get rid of my brushes anymore ! People notice a nice precision in my drawings. Merci qui ? Merci Denis Beaux Arts

Please enjoy a last Daniel Smith video with the Che : Red Pepper rocks !

No comments: