Huesca's cathedral - My fav'


huesca-catedral-acuarela

The gentle women at the entrance volunteer and really look beneficial. "You should come back to finish your drawing, sweetie." That's how I spent so much time drawing this energetic place.  

huesca-catedral-monjas


A Corean couple runs the café just in front. They can't stop pulling my leg, and they serve spanish food in their asiatic style restaurant, lov' it ! From the terrasse, I can't miss fantastic group photos in front of the majestic door. Once, the X-files music rang out the stoop, it was a nun's mobile phone !

huesca-catedral-escalera

It's the tower that I prefer. To go upstairs, you have to hold on tight, so tiny tiny. In the morning, I had drawn little pieces of papers flying in the street. For now on it reminds me of Miguel Gallardo and his daughter Maria. I stop a bit to draw the spiral staircase, now it looks like if the pieces of paper were flying in the tower with the swallows, and that would be nice... 

huesca-catedral-panorama

On the top of the tower, we dominate mountains. People down in the street are singing out loud, children laughing. Feels like a movie, would be great to live here... 

huesca-campanas

Suddenly, without any warning, BONNNNNG ! It's noon : n°1 law, don't draw near the bells...

Visitors come by, Compostela pilgrims even "climb" upstairs with their rucksack. Then 3 teenagers : "Of course you have tweeter, and you have followers, we follow you, no lie ! - Well that's a good one, caus' I don't even know what tweeter is ! I swear I don't have tweeter !"

huesca-catedral-pajaros

I stay enough time up there (as far as possible of the bells) to capture the birds ballet in the sky, wonderful. A real air Swan Lake as a matter of fact...

Back downstairs, I copy the fishes on the japanese prints at the Corean café. Then I go to the little zoo to draw live fishes and ducks with a fountain pen. Better train before the Symposium Urban Sketchers at Barcelone...

huesca-patos-y-peces

No comments: